SilentBoard - 600mm x 1200mm x 22mm Fibre Cement Floorboard
What Are The Benefits?
SilentBoard is a unique A1 fire rated high density fibre cement floor board designed to be used in a wide range of applications. The high mass properties helps to reduce airborne noise penetration and transfer through separating floors.
SilentBoard installed on top of R10 Acoustic Matting provides a very efficient and stable floating floor. With it being fibre cement it is not effected by weather/moisture so provides an ideal structural platform to work from, even if exposed to the elements.
SilentBoard has Tongue and Grove on all 4 sides making it simple to fit. It is easy to lay with minimal waste and is frost, moisture and weather resistant. As well as being Class A1 fire resistant it is also 100% completely recyclable.
As well as the acoustic improvements that come with this product it will also help to improve thermal properties specifically when used in conjunction with underfloor heating.
SilentBoard has a wide range of suitable applications including flat roofs, loft conversions, renovations, new builds, bathrooms, kitchens, wetrooms, mezzanine flooring and more. It can be laid on metal, timber and concrete structures and any type of floor can be laid on top of it.
By using SilentBoard in your build you are guaranteed to have a squeak free installation when used in conjunction with Green Glue Joist Tape.
SilentBoard is produced by STS and comprises of Portland cement, cellulose fibres, sand, water and other minor aggregates. These construction boards completely fulfil the requirements or resistance, safety and durability required in the construction of buildings as well as the most stringent environmental regulations. When exposed to moisture these boards don't change shape, rot or expand like chipboard, plywood or other timber based flooring.
Please Note: Due to shipping constraints there is a minimum order of 10 for this product
What Are The Technical Details?
|Product Composition||A1 High Density Fibre Cement Floorboard|
|Product Size||600mm x 1200mm|
|Weight Per Panel||24.8kg|
|Area Covered Per Sheet||0.72sqm|
|Thickness Tolerance||+/- 5%|
|Dimension Tolerance||+/- 1mm|
|Weight Tolerance||+/- 5%|
|Modulus Of Rupture EMC - min||10 MPa|
|Free Moisture Content||6%|
|Water Absorption - submersion after 22 hours||36%|
|Lamina Bond Strength||0.9 MPa|
|Thermal Conductivity (K) (30° C Mean Temperature)||0.172 W/M .k|
|U Value||0.1279 Wm2K|
|Fire Rating||Class A1|
Cut SilentBoards using a circular saw fixed with a vacuum extractor and a PCD saw blade. This method will cut boards easily and mitigate dust. Boards are fixed with board text facing up.
2. Laying Boards In Place.
If the boards are being used with a floating floor system the boards should be loose laid on top of the R10 Acoustic Matting.
If the boards are being fixed directly onto timber or steel joists they should be a maximum of 600mm centre. To achieve an acceptable finish it is important that floor joists are level. We would recommend you also incorporate Green Glue Joist Tape to minimise squeaking.
3. Secure With Screws (Ignore this if fitting a Floating Floor System)
Secure with 12 x 50mm Fibre Cement Board Screws placed at a minimum of 12mm from the square edge and 5mm from the side of the joist. Ensure screws are placed a minimum distance of 25mm from the tongue and grove edge.
4. Apply Adhesive To The Grove.
Lay in a brick bond pattern. Tongue and grove joins do not need to end on a joist but all square edges should be fully supported. Secure subsequent boards by applying Mega Strength PU Adhesive along the length of the boards grove, before inserting the tongue of the next board. Ready to install finish surface immediately.
Floating Floor System
First ensure that the floor is completely clean, free of dirt and debris. Before you begin installation it is good practice to ensure that there are no loose floorboards. Loose boards can squeak and once the floating floor system has been fitted there won’t be any access to the floorboards. When screwing the floorboards down ensure that you will not screw through pipes or cables. You will also need to remove any existing skirting.
1. Seal any gaps in the existing floorboards with AC95 Acoustic Sealant. If there are holes that are too large for sealant repair the floor with replacement boards.
2. Lay the layer of Soundproofing mat on the floor in the direction perpendicular to the direction of the floorboards. Glue the soundproofing mat down using Advanced Acoustics Contact Adhesive to minimise ‘walking’ of materials. Lay the soundproofing mat right up to the wall. When laying the soundproofing may ensure there are no gaps between sheets.
3. Tape all the joints with Jointing Tape.
4. Run a 5mm thick, 25mm wide Resilient Sealing tape around the perimeter of the room at floor level. This will help to create a seal up to the wall and aid to minimise flanking sound.
5. Lay the R10 Acoustic Matting with the rubber side down. Lay the R10 perpendicular to the layer of soundproofing mat. Lay the R10 right up to the resilient sealing tape.
6. Tape all the joints with jointing tape.
7. Loose lay the SilentBoard straight onto the R10 with the writing side up. Lay in a brick bond fashion perpendicular to the layer of R10. The first row of boards should be butted up the resilient tape. Cut SilentBoards using a circular saw fixed with a vacuum extractor and a PCD saw blade. Secure subsequent boards by applying mega strength PU adhesive along the length of the boards grove, before inserting the tongue of the next board.
8. Using AC95 seal the perimeter of the floor.
9. You can now refit your skirting ensuring you leave a 2mm gap between the SilentBoard and the skirting.
10. Seal the gap with AC95 Acoustic Sealant.
11. You can now fit your finish floor covering.
UK Shipping Charges For Most Products
Orders with a value of £0.00 to £54.99 have a £7.00 carriage charge with tracked next working day delivery.
Orders with a value of 55.00 to £99.99 have a £12.00 carriage charge with tracked next working day delivery.
Orders with a value of £100.00 or more qualify for free next day shipping.
For carts which contain Soundproofing Mat, SilentBoard, QuietPanel, Silent Floor Ultra, M20 and R10 the following charges apply
£8.00 carriage for the first item and £4.00 carriage for every item added up to a maximum charge of £75.00.
Plasterboard and Bulk Products have a £75.00 pallet charge per item.
Our policy lasts 30 days. If 30 days have gone by since your purchase, unfortunately we can’t offer you a refund or exchange. To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. It must also be in the original packaging.
Non-returnable items:- Made to order items such as our Office Acoustic Panels, High End Audio Acoustic Panels and Silent Space Isolation Booths.- Gift cards
To complete your return, we require a receipt or proof of purchase. Please contact us for your return authorisation number. Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item.
We only replace items if they are defective or damaged. If you need to exchange it for the same item, send us an email at email@example.com and send your item to: Advanced Acoustics LTD, Unit B, Maunside, Green Line Industrial Estate, Mansfield, NG18 5GU, United Kingdom.