MuteClip Channel Acoustic Isolation Clip
- Choice of Lengths - 1.85m, 2.4m
What Are The Benefits?
MuteClip Channel is the channel that is used along with the MuteClip. MuteClip Channel is only compatible with the MuteClip® (Patent GB2580959), the reason for this is that the design maintains a return lip to hold substantially more weight as the MuteClip® clasps onto this, it cannot be used as a standalone resilient channel.
MuteClip® (Patent GB2580959) is an acoustic sound isolation clip that is unique in its design. It features a set of dual density rubber polymers. These have been carefully designed and assembled to improve noise reduction over a wide range of frequencies while remaining stable and consistent with every MuteClip®.
With only a single fixing required per clip, the system minimises the points of contact with the partition. It creates an easy to install soundproofing solution with little to no error due to the design.
With these properties working in tandem, you will achieve excellent soundproofing against impact and airborne noise in a whole host of applications, all completed with swiftness and efficiency at an affordable price.
Please Note- MuteClip Channel must be used with MuteClip.
- Performance: rated at 60dB for airborne, and at 35dB for impact transmission*.
- Thickness: 29mm for each MuteClip®, this will alter depending on which system you choose.
- Total System thickness (for bar and clip only) is only 40mm.
- Suitable for: homes, workplaces and industrial environments.
- Dual density rubber acoustic clip.
- Dramatically reduces airborne and impact noise as a high performing, slimline acoustic system.
- Can be used on metal, wooden, brick and concrete structures.
- Reduced points of contact to help de-couple ceiling and wall systems.
- Significantly improves sounds control in both high and low frequencies.
- A significant improvement over standard resilient bars in both performance and fitting.
- Compliant with both Part E Building Regulations (England, Wales, Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland) and Building Standards Technical Handbook 2017 for Scotland for impact transmission.
2. The timber frame studs should be fitted at a maximum of 600mm centres with noggins.
3. Insert Rockwool between the stud frame, held in snugly between the studs. The cavity should be filled approximately 80% of the depth to avoid the Rockwool from being compressed.
4. You can now install the Mute Clips. The bottom row of clips should be no further than 100mm off the floor. The top row should be no further than 100mm below the ceiling.
5. The remaining MuteClips should be spaced at no more than 600mm centres vertically and a maximum of 600mm horizontally.
6. Attach the MuteChannels into the MuteClips running parallel to the floor. Where necessary ensure that the MuteChannels overlap by 200mm and that the overlaps don’t sit on a clip. Fix 4 self tapping screws into the shoulders of the channel where there is a join for a secure joint. The MuteBar must not touch any adjoining surfaces.
7. Fix your first layer of acoustic plasterboard to the MuteClip channels. Leave a 5mm gap around the perimeter of the wall. The acoustic plasterboard should not be in contact with any adjoining surfaces. Ensure that the length of screws fixing the plasterboard to the MuteChannels don’t contact the studwork.
8. Seal the gap around the perimeter of the wall with AC95 Acoustic Sealant.
9. Next adhere M20 Soundproofing Mat to the plasterboard in a brick bond fashion using Advanced Acoustics Contact Adhesive.
10. Fix the final layer of acoustic plasterboard, staggering the joints from the previous layer of acoustic plasterboard. Ensure you use screws that are long enough to fix to the MuteChannel but are not so long that they touch the timber stud. Leave a 5mm gap around the perimeter of the wall.
11. Seal the perimeter and any other gaps with AC95 Acoustic Sealant.
12. The wall is now ready to be dry lined or plaster skimmed.
For a ceiling installation begin by installing Rockwool between the joists, this should be fitted snugly so that friction holds it in place. If required you can use thin wire to keep it suspended. The cavity should be filled approximately 80%.
When fixing the MuteClips around the perimeter of the room they should be installed no further than 100mm from the adjacent walls. The remaining clips should be spaced at a maximum of 600mm centres vertically and horizontally. You can now proceed from step 6 in the instructions above. The Channels should run perpendicular to the joists. Instead of using M20 soundproofing mat use 10kg Soundproofing Mat.
UK Shipping Charges For Most Products
Orders with a value of £0.00 to £54.99 have a £7.00 carriage charge with tracked next working day delivery.
Orders with a value of 55.00 to £99.99 have a £12.00 carriage charge with tracked next working day delivery.
Orders with a value of £100.00 or more qualify for free next day shipping.
For carts which contain Soundproofing Mat, SilentBoard, QuietPanel, Silent Floor Ultra, M20 and R10 the following charges apply
£8.00 carriage for the first item and £4.00 carriage for every item added up to a maximum charge of £75.00.
Plasterboard and Bulk Products have a £75.00 pallet charge per item.
Our policy lasts 30 days. If 30 days have gone by since your purchase, unfortunately we can’t offer you a refund or exchange. To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. It must also be in the original packaging.
Non-returnable items:- Made to order items such as our Office Acoustic Panels, High End Audio Acoustic Panels and Silent Space Isolation Booths.- Gift cards
To complete your return, we require a receipt or proof of purchase. Please contact us for your return authorisation number. Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item.
We only replace items if they are defective or damaged. If you need to exchange it for the same item, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and send your item to: Advanced Acoustics LTD, Unit B, Maunside, Green Line Industrial Estate, Mansfield, NG18 5GU, United Kingdom.