M20 Soundproofing Mat - 1m by 1m by 20mm thick - Pallet of 50 Sheets
What Are The Benefits?
Our M20 Acoustic Matting is a 20mm thick recycled rubber soundproofing matting designed to be installed on existing walls to improve the acoustic performance and reduce the amount of sound transferring between two rooms by up to 87%. When the thicker, more efficient Studio Wall system cannot be used, this thinner, recycled rubber sound insulation system can be used to upgrade the sound insulation properties of party walls in the home and all types of domestic properties. This is the ideal solution to reduce normal noise levels from a neighbour with a minimum loss of room space to upgrade the soundproofing of a party wall.
The high mass of M20 is designed to absorb and block a degree of airborne noise that penetrates poorly soundproofed party walls. Easy to fit, this 20mm thick insulation is simply glued to the existing wall with two layers of 15mm acoustic plasterboard bonded on top and is an easy solution if you are disturbed by normal levels of noise from your neighbours.
It is ideal for soundproofing party walls or for separating stairs and hallways where space is at a premium. This product is particularly useful for meeting Part E building regulations for control of airborne noise through a wall. The soundproofed wall shown in the image detail below gave approx an 87% reduction in sound through the wall and complies with the requirements of the latest Building Regulations.
Please note: This sound insulation is effective at reducing normal noise levels that should not normally be heard, for example talking, radio and TV sound. Loud music, loud noise and bass noise will always be audible although its intensity will be reduced. Before installing any soundproofing onto walls, flanking noise skirting around the sound insulation can reduce effectiveness so to obtain the best result, it is advised the void between the joists in timber suspended floors is filled with Rockwool Flexi-Slab immediately adjacent to the party wall
In addition, the floor should be overlaid with a double layer of Soundproofing Matting. The ceiling above should also have Rockwol Flexi-Slab in the void or if a loft is above, then the required amount of fibreglass insulation. In all cases, the ceiling should have an additional layer of high density Acoustic Plasterboard screwed up with soundproof matting sandwiched between the layers.
Once you are satisfied the floor and ceiling have been properly sound insulated, commencement for soundproofing the wall can begin.
Nominal partition Thickness (mm)
Approx weight (kg/m2)
|Fire Resistance (hours)||
Expected sound loss with no infill (db)
Min expected sound loss with AMW75 infill
The estimated soundproofing performance of the stud partitions shown above are for partitions with no holes and all joints properly sealed. The sound insulation performance indicated may vary from site to site and should only be used as a guide.
What Are The Technical Details?
|Product Name||M20 Soundproofing Mat|
|Product Size||1m x 1m (nominal)|
|Area Covered Per Pallet||50sqm|
|Flamability||<100 mm/min (FMVSS 302)|
1. Apply 50mm wide Resilient Sealing Tape on the two adjoining walls, the floor and ceiling up to the corner where the system is to be installed. This will ensure that the system you are fitting will not touch the adjoining walls and aids with soundproofing.
2. Starting from the bottom of the wall begin to adhere the M20 Soundproofing Mat in place using Advanced Acoustics Contact adhesive. You will need to apply adhesive both to the M20 and the mounting wall. Once the adhesive has gone tacky offer the M20 panels in place. Ensure that the next panel of M20 is tight up against the previous sheet. You don’t want any gaps. Continue to install the M20 Soundproofing Mat up the wall in a brick bond fashion.
3. Seal up any gaps between panels or adjoining surfaces with AC95 Acoustic Sealant.
4. You can now mount the first layer of 15mm Acoustic Plasterboard in place, applying adhesive to the back of the plasterboard and the M20. Again ensure there are no gaps between sheets. Continue until the wall is completely covered.
5. Seal up any gaps with AC95 Acoustic Sealant.
6. You can now mount the second and final layer of acoustic plasterboard ensuring you stagger the joints from the first layer. Apply adhesive to both surfaces.
7. Complete a final sealing of the perimeter of the wall and any gaps with AC95 Acoustic Sealant.
8. The wall is now ready for dry lining or plastering.
The adhesive is strong enough to hold the M20 and the plasterboard in place as long as the mounting surfaces are completely covered in adhesive.
UK Shipping Charges For Most Products
Orders with a value of £0.00 to £54.99 have a £7.00 carriage charge with tracked next working day delivery.
Orders with a value of 55.00 to £99.99 have a £12.00 carriage charge with tracked next working day delivery.
Orders with a value of £100.00 or more qualify for free next day shipping.
For carts which contain Soundproofing Mat, SilentBoard, QuietPanel, Silent Floor Ultra, M20 and R10 the following charges apply
£8.00 carriage for the first item and £4.00 carriage for every item added up to a maximum charge of £75.00.
Plasterboard and Bulk Products have a £75.00 pallet charge per item.
Our policy lasts 30 days. If 30 days have gone by since your purchase, unfortunately we can’t offer you a refund or exchange. To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. It must also be in the original packaging.
Non-returnable items:- Made to order items such as our Office Acoustic Panels, High End Audio Acoustic Panels and Silent Space Isolation Booths.- Gift cards
To complete your return, we require a receipt or proof of purchase. Please contact us for your return authorisation number. Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item.
We only replace items if they are defective or damaged. If you need to exchange it for the same item, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and send your item to: Advanced Acoustics LTD, Unit B, Maunside, Green Line Industrial Estate, Mansfield, NG18 5GU, United Kingdom.