UpRoll Acoustic Matting - 1m x 5m - Formerly R10
What Are The Benefits?
UpRoll is a recycled granulated rubber matting designed to reduce impact noise transmission through timber joisted separating floors and designed to help you meet Part E of the building regulations. It has been specifically designed to help bring timber suspended floors into compliance with Part E of the Building Regulations for separating floors between new flats and flat conversions resulting from change of use.
Independently tested, this unique sound insulation for reduction of impact noise is the popular choice when converting a property into flats and complies with the latest Building Regulation requirements. This recycled mat is also ideal for soundproofing and upgrading a floor in existing flats and homes and a wide variety of other domestic uses and should be used along with SilentBoard to create an independent floating floor to reduce impact and airborne noise nuisance to rooms beneath.
10 mm thick acoustic insulation rolls, made of SBR (Stirene Butadiene Rubber) fibres and granules rubber, compacted using a latex binder in a hot process. A blue synthetic, 90 g/m² non woven anti-stretch backing is applied on one side.
What Are The Technical Details?
|Product Name||UpRoll Acoustic Matting (Formerly R10)|
|Product Composition||Granulated recycled rubber impact reducing mat|
|Product Size||1m x 5m|
|Weight Per Roll||15kg|
|Area Covered Per Roll||5sqm|
1. Seal any gaps in the existing floorboards with AC95 Acoustic Sealant. If there are holes that are too large for sealant repair the floor with replacement boards.
2. Lay the layer of Soundproofing mat on the floor in the direction perpendicular to the direction of the floorboards. Glue the soundproofing mat down using Advanced Acoustics Contact Adhesive to minimise ‘walking’ of materials. Lay the soundproofing mat right up to the wall. When laying the soundproofing may ensure there are no gaps between sheets.
3. Tape all the joints with Jointing Tape.
4. Run a 5mm thick, 25mm wide Resilient Sealing tape around the perimeter of the room at floor level. This will help to create a seal up to the wall and aid to minimise flanking sound.
5. Lay the R10 Acoustic Matting with the rubber side down. Lay the R10 perpendicular to the layer of soundproofing mat. Lay the R10 right up to the resilient sealing tape.
6. Tape all the joints with jointing tape.
7. Loose lay the SilentBoard straight onto the R10 with the writing side up. Lay in a brick bond fashion perpendicular to the layer of R10. The first row of boards should be butted up the resilient tape. Cut SilentBoards using a circular saw fixed with a vacuum extractor and a PCD saw blade. Secure subsequent boards by applying mega strength PU adhesive along the length of the boards grove, before inserting the tongue of the next board.
8. Using AC95 seal the perimeter of the floor.
9. You can now refit your skirting ensuring you leave a 2mm gap between the SilentBoard and the skirting.
10. Seal the gap with AC95 Acoustic Sealant.
11. You can now fit your finish floor covering.
UK Shipping Charges For Most Products
Orders with a value of £0.00 to £54.99 have a £7.00 carriage charge with tracked next working day delivery.
Orders with a value of 55.00 to £99.99 have a £12.00 carriage charge with tracked next working day delivery.
Orders with a value of £100.00 or more qualify for free next day shipping.
For carts which contain Soundproofing Mat, SilentBoard, QuietPanel, Silent Floor Ultra, M20 and R10 the following charges apply
£8.00 carriage for the first item and £4.00 carriage for every item added up to a maximum charge of £75.00.
Plasterboard and Bulk Products have a £75.00 pallet charge per item.
Our policy lasts 30 days. If 30 days have gone by since your purchase, unfortunately we can’t offer you a refund or exchange. To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. It must also be in the original packaging.
Non-returnable items:- Made to order items such as our Office Acoustic Panels, High End Audio Acoustic Panels and Silent Space Isolation Booths.- Gift cards
To complete your return, we require a receipt or proof of purchase. Please contact us for your return authorisation number. Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item.
We only replace items if they are defective or damaged. If you need to exchange it for the same item, send us an email at email@example.com and send your item to: Advanced Acoustics LTD, Unit B, Maunside, Green Line Industrial Estate, Mansfield, NG18 5GU, United Kingdom.