A versatile self adhesive expanding foam tape which provides acoustic, thermal and weatherproofing seals in construction joints.
Our expanding foam tape possesses outstanding thermal and acoustic characteristics, as well as allowing for diurnal movement. This product also provides a permanently elastic weather seal to protect against wind driven rain to 600 Pa.
It is impregnated with a fire resistant polymeric dispersion and is specially designed for joints in buildings up to 100 m high, in accordance with DIN 18055. Expanding Foam Tape also fulfils the stringent requirements of the DIN 18542 edition 2009. In addition to providing protection against driving rain to a minimum of 600 Pa (equivalent to wind force 11 - Violent Storm).
We recommend using expanding foam tape when installing acoustic doors to give the maximum acoustic benefits. The 5mm gap between the structure and the frame must be sufficiently sealed to prevent noise leakage around the door. Using this product along with our fire rated flexible acoustic sealant will maintain the acoustic and fire integrity of the door assembly.
It can also be used around the perimeter of acoustic floors and acoustic ceilings. It is also ideal for sealing gaps between pipes and services where they penetrate through a wall or floor.
Our expanding foam tape is a versatile, self adhesive foam tape that has a wide range of uses, but it is generally used for sealing construction joints (including moving joints) in areas such as:
- Prefabricated Concrete
- Perimeter Seals for Fenestration (windows/doors)
- Cladding Panels
- Curtain Walling
- Steel and/or Timber Framed Buildings
- Modular Construction
Expanding Foam Tape Advantages
- Complies with DIN 18542 BG 1 and DIN 18055
- Seal Joints from 1mm up to 42mm (600pa)
- Seals Against Wind, Dust, Driving Rain
- Vapour Diffusion Permeable
- Strong Adhesive (one side) to Aid Application
- Permanently Elastic with Long Term Life Expectancy
- Provides Thermal & Acoustic Insulation
- Can be Painted with Standard Emulsion Paints
- Compatible with ALL known Standard Building Materials
- Applications In All Construction Areas and Building Types Are Possible
- Constant Quality to ISO 9001 & DIN Standards (with regular controls from independent institutions)
- Externally Supervised by ift Rosenheim for Driving Rain and Air Permeability (a-value)
- 10 year performance guarantee
In order achieve the approved seal the Expanding Foam Tape has to be compressed - our compression rates are as follows;
- 0% Compression = Insect, Dirt & Debris Seal
- 30% Compression = Dust & Air Flow Seal (and all of the above)
- 50% Compression = Acoustic Transmission, Thermal Loss (and all of the above)
- 75% Compression = Wind Driven Rain (and all of the above)
We have a number of thicknesses of tape available. This listing is for 25mm wide tape, 3.3m long with a thickness of 18-34mm. Expanding foam tape is supplied pre-compressed for ease of application. All coils have a reinforced self-adhesive backing. When the rolls are opened the tape expands to about 5 times its compressed thickness.
The product is designed to accommodate movement in joints and seals against uneven surfaces. For full acoustic and weather sealing applications you do not want the tape to expand fully. For example EXP18/34 comes18mm thick before opened and should not be allowed to expand further than 34mm for best results.
Custom widths and thicknesses are available on request.
UK Shipping Charges For Most Products
Orders with a value of £0.00 to £54.99 have a £7.00 carriage charge with tracked next working day delivery.
Orders with a value of 55.00 to £99.99 have a £12.00 carriage charge with tracked next working day delivery.
Orders with a value of £100.00 or more qualify for free next day shipping.
For carts which contain Soundproofing Mat, SilentBoard, QuietPanel, Silent Floor Ultra, M20 and R10 the following charges apply
£8.00 carriage for the first item and £4.00 carriage for every item added up to a maximum charge of £75.00.
Plasterboard and Bulk Products have a £75.00 pallet charge per item.
Our policy lasts 30 days. If 30 days have gone by since your purchase, unfortunately we can’t offer you a refund or exchange. To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. It must also be in the original packaging.
Non-returnable items:- Made to order items such as our Office Acoustic Panels, High End Audio Acoustic Panels and Silent Space Isolation Booths.- Gift cards
To complete your return, we require a receipt or proof of purchase. Please contact us for your return authorisation number. Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item.
We only replace items if they are defective or damaged. If you need to exchange it for the same item, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and send your item to: Advanced Acoustics LTD, Unit B, Maunside, Green Line Industrial Estate, Mansfield, NG18 5GU, United Kingdom.