Silent Floor Ultra Acoustic Underlay - 600mm by 1200mm by 11mm thick - B-GRADE
These sheets are B-GRADE. All sheets have some form of fault on them such as uneven edges, impressions in the foam layer or slight delamination. This will not affect performance but they will need to be trimmed to size.
What's In The Box?
- The Silent Floor Ultra is sold in individual sheets.
- Each sheet is 600mm x 1200mm and is 11mm thick.
- One sheet will cover an area of 0.72sqm.
- Impact Sound Reduction of 36dB.
What Are The Benefits?
Silent Floor Ultra is a genuine acoustic underlay. This product will work to reduce impact noise caused by walking and dragging items across or dropping items on the floor.
The Silent Floor Ultra will also reduce airborne noise such as talking, TV and radio noise. It is simple product to install, it is just laid in exactly the same way a regular underlay, the only difference being this product comes in sheets as opposed to rolls.
Being only 11mm thick it is no thicker than standard underlays so won't cause issues with door gaps or transitions between different floor types. The Silent Floor Ultra is a composite of our extremely popular 5kg soundproofing mat with a layer of high durability 25kg/m3 closed cell cross linked PU foam which gives a feel of luxury under foot.
The benefit of using a PU foam as opposed to a recycled crumb foam that is used by so many companies is that the PU foam won't start to crumble and break down over a short period of time.
For Use Under Carpet.
This product can be used with traditional stretched carpets. When installing this product below carpet fit The Silent Floor Ultra so it is foam side up. Make sure there are no gaps between the sheets.
If is good practice to glue the sheets down to the sub-floor with our contact adhesive to minimise the chances of underlay 'walking'. The sheets are simply trimmed with a sharp knife when required. You can now proceed to install the carpet in the normal way.
To improve sound isolation even further there are a few simple steps you can take before installing the Silent Floor Ultra. To minimise the risk of squeaking floor boards check that there are no loose boards before the Silent Floor installed. If there are any loose screw them down to the joists ensuring there are no pipes or cables behind the board before you do so.
If you have gaps between floorboards it is good practice to seal and fill these with our Acoustic Sealant. Before you install the Silent Floor Ultra you can lay one or two layers of the 5kg Soundproofing Mat first. This will help to improve airborne sound isolation even further and will only increase the floor thickness by a few millimetres.
What Are The Technical Details?
||Silent Floor Ultra Acoustic Underlay
||600mm x 1200m (nominal)
|Area Covered Per Sheet
||76 (Durometer Shore A, 1 sec dwell)
|Elongation At Break
||2% (4hr @ 100oC)
||<100 mm/min (FMVSS 302)
First ensure that the floor is completely clean, free of dirt and debris. Before you begin installation it is good practice to ensure that there are no loose floorboards. Loose boards can squeak and once the basic floor system has been fitted there won’t be any access to the floorboards. When screwing the floorboards down ensure that you will not screw through pipes or cables. If possible remove existing skirting so that you can run the soundproofing mat right up to the wall.
1. Seal any gaps in the floorboards with AC95 Acoustic Sealant. If there are holes that are too large for sealant repair the floor with replacement boards.
2. Lay the first layer of Soundproofing mat on the floor in the direction perpendicular to the direction of the floorboards. Glue the soundproofing mat down using Advanced Acoustics Contact Adhesive to minimise ‘walking’ of materials. Lay the soundproofing mat right up to the edges of the room folding it up the wall by approximately 40mm. Use a Joint Roller to assist in folding the mat right into the corner. This will help to minimise flanking sound. When laying the soundproofing may ensure there are no gaps between sheets.
3. Tape all the joints with Jointing Tape.
4. If you have opted for a second layer of soundproofing mat lay this perpendicular to the first layer of soundproofing mat, again ensuring you leave no gaps. Glue the soundproofing mat down as you go. Fold the matting up the walls approximately 40mm.
5. Again tape all the joints with jointing tape.
6. You can now refit your skirting.
7. Fix your carpet gripper in place fixing through the matting to the floorboards underneath.
8. Lay the Silent Floor Ultra in a brick bond fashion, perpendicular to your previous layer of soundproofing mat. Ensure there are no gaps. It should be fitted foam side up. The Silent Floor Ultra should be butted up to the carpet gripper.
9. Tape the joints with Jointing Tape.
10. You are now ready to install the carpet.
To quickly find out the shipping cost for your order simply add the required items to your cart. Place your cursor over the cart icon at the top of the page. Click on "Calculate Cart Shipping". Select your country and region and enter your postcode. The shipping rate will be displayed. If your country is not listed please contact us for a shipping quote.
UK Shipping Charges For Most Products
Orders with a value of £0.00 to £54.99 have a £7.00 carriage charge with tracked next working day delivery.
Orders with a value of 55.00 to £99.99 have a £12.00 carriage charge with tracked next working day delivery.
Orders with a value of £100.00 or more qualify for free next day shipping.
For carts which contain Plasterboard, Soundproofing Mat, SilentBoard, QuietPanel, Silent Floor Ultra, M20 and R10 the following charges apply
£8.00 carriage for the first item and £4.00 carriage for every item added up to a maximum charge of £75.00.
Some soundproofing items have a minimum order due to shipping constraints.
Bulk Products have a £75.00 pallet charge per item.
Our policy lasts 30 days. If 30 days have gone by since your purchase, unfortunately we can’t offer you a refund or exchange. To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. It must also be in the original packaging.
Non-returnable items:- Made to order items such as our Office Acoustic Panels and High End Audio Acoustic Panels, Gift cards.
To complete your return, we require a receipt or proof of purchase. Please contact us for your return authorisation number. Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item.
We only replace items if they are defective or damaged. If you need to exchange it for the same item, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and send your item to: Advanced Acoustics LTD, Unit B, Maunside, Green Line Industrial Estate, Mansfield, NG18 5GU, United Kingdom.