The page you are looking at is currently being updated to provide you with the most accurate and up-to-date information. We appreciate your patience and understanding. Please check back soon, as the further details will be available shortly.
Please Note- This guide is written with the assumption that you have moderate knowledge and experience in construction or joinery.
- This system can either be mounted directly onto a concrete ceiling.
- On the ceiling measure up, mark out and fit the correct locations for the MuteClips. The perimeter MuteClips must be no further than 100mm from the adjacent surfaces. The channels are to be spaced out a maximum of 400mm apart. The centres for the MuteClips are to vary between 400mm and 800mm creating a diamond configuration.
- Attach the MuteClip Channels into the MuteClips.
- MuteClip Channels must overlap by 200m if necessary, fix 4 self-tapping screws into the shoulders of the Channels to maintain a secure join.
- The Channels must not overlap on a MuteClip. The Channels can be cut to length with metal shears or a hacksaw.
- Fix your first layer of Acoustic Plasterboard to the MuteClip Channels ensuring you leave a 5mm gap around the perimeter of the ceiling. Additionally ensure the screws aren’t so long that they touch concrete ceiling.
- Seal the perimeter of the ceiling with AC95 Acoustic Sealant using a caulking gun.
- Attach Soundproofing Mat to the Acoustic Plasterboard using Advanced Acoustics Contact Adhesive ensuring you have a good bond between the mat and the plasterboard and that there is no trapped air. Smooth out with a stiff brush or roller. You may wish to cut the Soundproofing Mat in half to make handling easier.
- Tape the joints of the Soundproofing Mat with PVC Jointing Tape.
- Fix the second layer of Acoustic Plasterboard staggering the joints from the first layer. Maintain the 5mm gap from the adjacent surfaces. Ensure that the screws are long enough to fix to the MuteClip Channel but not so long that they touch the brick or timber.
- Seal the 5mm gap with AC95 Acoustic Sealant.
- Scrim tape the plasterboard joints and finish with a plaster skim.
- MuteClip Channel must not be installed over any opening or vent in the ceiling. To overcome this, install a MuteClip and Channel section either side of the opening or vent to support the weight of the system.
System Thickness - Approx 80mm.
MuteClip to Concrete Substrate - Anchor Bolt
1st Plasterboard to Channel - 32mm Fine Thread Dry Wall Screw
2nd Plasterboard to Channel - 50mm Fine Thread Dry Wall Screw
MuteClip Channel Overlap - 20mm Steel Self-Tapping Screw